Friday, July 22, 2011

Burger & Ice Cream Social

This post isn't about cheese coneys, but its about food and this event took place at Coney Island. That's close enough to warrant a blog post. This week Cincinnati Magazine hosted the Burger and Ice Cream Social at Coney Island. The event featured hamburger and ice cream creations from various local vendors. There were also mixed drinks to be enjoyed, the tequila drink was mighty strong. It was all you can eat and you received some drink tickets all for a very reasonable $10. Even though it happened on the hottest day of the year thus far, it was a perfect summer time event.

If I remember correctly, there were 7 hamburger and 6 ice cream tables. Out of the 7 hamburger stations, I visited 4 of them: Eckerlin Meats, Paula's Cafe, Colonel de Ray and Gabby's Cafe. I enjoyed all 4 burgers, I liked the Gabby's burger the best and it appeared most of the crowd did too as it was the most crowded table throughout the event. I visited each of the ice cream tables, it was hot it so I had to find a way to stay cool! You had your Cincinnati classics such as Grater's and Aglamesis', but there were some unique options as well. There was a Vegan friendly Ice Cream Sandwich from Phrozen that I wouldn't have known was Vegan if I wasn't told before hand. I also enjoyed the Ice Cream Sandwich that was created with Pop Tarts as the "bread".

Overall it was a fun and delicious event for a great price. Despite the heat there was a great turnout and I hope this can become an annual event.

Line for Gabby's

Does red wine go well with a hamburger?

Talenti Gelato

Pop Tart Ice Cream Sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis